Home Insurance in North Haven, New Haven and Throughout Connecticut
Home insurance is one of the most important coverages you can buy. Your home is where you and your family feel safest, and it’s hard to think of that safety being threatened by a natural disaster or other danger.
At Greening Abercrombie & Piekarski Insurance, we understand how precious your home is. Our insurance professionals are dedicated to helping you keep a peace of mind while at home and away.
What Is Home Insurance?
A home insurance policy covers damage to your home and personal property if you have a covered loss. In addition, this insurance covers your liability or legal responsibility for injuries or property damage you or your family might cause. Home insurance is essential and provides you with crucial financial protection.
Home Insurance Coverages We Offer
A home insurance policy from Greening, Abercrombie & Piekarski Insurance may include:
- Dwelling Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to your physical home and its attached structures due to fire, lightning, smoke, wind, hail, explosions, theft or vandalism.
- Personal Belongings Coverage: This provides compensation for loss of or damage to your personal items due to fire, wind, smoke, theft or vandalism. There are also additional policy floaters available for expensive items such as jewelry, furs and art.
- Liability: This covers expenses related to bodily injury and property damage someone else may suffer on your property. For example, if someone falls down the stairs and breaks their arm in your home, liability insurance can help pay for their medical bills as well as protect you against a lawsuit involving the injury.
- Additional Living Expenses: Additional living expenses cover the cost of temporarily moving, including paying for a hotel and food, in the event the home is rendered uninhabitable by a disaster.
Ask a Greening, Abercrombie & Piekarski Insurance agent about additional coverages you may want on your home insurance policy.
What Affects the Cost of Home Insurance?
Your home insurance premiums depend on a variety of factors, some of which are surprising to many homeowners. Basic influences on your home insurance premiums include your location, the replacement cost value of your home, coverage limits, deductibles, value of your belongings, credit score and claims history. If you have poor credit or a history of filing claims, you could see a rise in your home insurance rates.
Also keep in mind that the total replacement cost value of your home is not the same as its market value. The replacement cost value of your home can be calculated to include material and labor costs in the event the home was destroyed in a disaster. A Greening, Abercrombie & Piekarski Insurance agent can help you discover your home’s total replacement cost value, as well as introduce you to discounts that can lower your monthly premiums.
Insure Your Home Today
Common Home Insurance Questions
How Does Home Insurance Work?
When you purchase a home insurance policy, you pay a monthly premium in return for coverage. If you have to file an insurance claim, a claims adjuster from the insurer will investigate the claim and calculate how much compensation you will receive based on the damage and your policy. Once a claim is approved, you will receive compensation for the damages.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Your homeowners insurance policy typically includes home protection and liability coverage. These are essential coverages that are part of your policy:
- Liability protection can help pay medical bill costs and lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or a family member causes. In addition, medical expense costs for injuries sustained by guests on your property are generally covered. Your policy might also pay court costs and awards—up to your policy’s limit.
- Personal belongings coverage may pay to repair or replace items stolen or destroyed in a covered loss. You may choose to supplement your policy with a personal property endorsement or floater, which can help adequately insure expensive items for their appraised value.
- Property structure coverage may pay to repair or rebuild your home (dwelling) after a covered incident. Some policies may also cover the costs of repairing or rebuilding detached structures on your property.
- Additional living expenses protection may help pay your living costs if you must live elsewhere because of a covered incident. Coverage may pay your hotel bills, restaurant meals and other living expenses—up to your policy’s limit.
How Much Home Insurance Coverage Do I Need?
Everyone’s home insurance needs are different. Coverage limits depend on the value of your home and your liability risks. Speak with an insurance professional at Greening, Abercrombie & Piekarski Insurance by calling (203) 239-3395 to discuss how much home insurance you need. On average, it’s recommended that you carry at least 80% of your home’s total replacement cost value in home insurance.
How Much Should Homeowners Insurance Cost Per Month?
The average cost of home insurance depends on policy limits, deductibles, the value of your home and more. Fill out a quote form to discover how much you can save on home insurance.
How to Get Homeowners Insurance
If you need a homeowners insurance policy or want to evaluate whether the coverage you have is adequate, we’re here to help. Give Greening Abercrombie & Piekarski Insurance a call today to get started or request your free quote now.