Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Boat insurance can help provide financial protection as well as liability insurance. Contact the watercraft insurance experts at Greening Abercrombie Insurance today to start building your customized boat insurance policy.
What Is Boat Insurance?
Boat insurance is a type of insurance policy that provides coverage for boat owners in case of damage or loss to their watercraft or related equipment.
The specific coverage and policy limits can vary depending on the insurance company and policy, so boat owners must review their policies carefully to ensure adequate coverage for their needs.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
Boat insurance can cover a variety of risks and typically includes the following:
The specific coverage and policy limits can vary depending on the insurance company and policy, so boat owners need to review their policies carefully to ensure they have adequate protection for their specific needs.
- Physical damage may help cover damage or loss to the boat and its equipment caused by covered perils such as theft, fire, collision, or natural disasters.
- Liability protection may help cover the boat owner’s responsibility for injury or property damage to others while operating the boat.
- Medical payments may help cover medical expenses for injuries sustained by the boat owner or passengers while on the boat.
- Uninsured/underinsured boater insurance may help cover damages to the boat and injuries to the driver and passengers if the boat owner is in an accident with someone who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Personal property coverage may help cover loss or damage to personal belongings on the boat, such as fishing equipment or electronic devices.
- Emergency services coverage may help pay for towing, fuel delivery or other assistance needed while on the water.
Is Boat Insurance Required?
Boat insurance is generally not required by law, but there may be situations where boat owners must have coverage. For example, some marinas or boat storage facilities may require proof of insurance before allowing a boat to be stored or docked. If the boat is being financed through a loan or lease, the lender or leasing company may require the boat owner to have insurance as a condition of the loan or lease agreement.
Even if boat insurance is not required, it is still a good idea for boat owners to obtain coverage to protect themselves from certain financial losses.
Contact Greening Abercrombie Insurance in North Haven, Connecticut, to get appropriate boat insurance at a great rate.